Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Greensboro, North Carolina

Last week was just one of those weeks where if it could go wrong, it did.

Ten fold too. On any given day, this is what was happening:
  1. Jay has fever
  2. Why is that light on in my car?
  3. Ellie has fever
  4. Both kids are sick...cough & cold
  5. Get the light to turn off..car is fine
  6. Work turns into...uh, well REAL work, LOL
  7. I need a haircut
  8. ANOTHER light? seriously?!
  9. Ellie needs a haircut
  10. New light is telling me i have low tire pressure! I liked my VW, it didn't care about anything related to maintenance or safety
So we survived the week & headed for Greensboro's Grandover Resort at 4AM on Saturday morning. I only managed a few pics from my camera. My cousins have more & I will update shortly.

We visited with my cousins Keith & Kelly, who live in Greensboro; cousins Amy, Michael & their little girl Alexia (14 months) who drove from New Jersey; and my Aunt Jane & Uncle Jerry who came in from Jupiter Florida. It was a really nice visit & even though it was super short---I enjoyed the time.

WE SOLVED A HUGE MYSTERY!!!!
(hence, the GIANT puzzle piece in the header)

This is Alexia...Lexie is her NN. NOTICE HER PRETTY CURLS PEOPLE!
You could of scalped her & Ellie, swapped heads & they would match.
They have the same CURLY HAIR! Apparently it comes from my Grandma Gert!


Ellie had a great time too....
Here she is making herself at home in the hotel. She is a natural traveler, if I may say so.

She also experienced and mastered the revolving door....AKA, "The Spinny Door." She asks Joe daily when he is getting one for our house.

LOL..here she is going solo & VERY PROUD of herself. She almost gave the concierge guy a heart attack every time she went through the thing.


Jay enjoyed my Aunt Janie first hand. I only wish we had more time with everyone. Thanksgiving will hopefully come quick for all of us to be together again soon.


More to come. Hope you are all doing well. Thanks for checking in on us! I will post again shortly.

Best,
Carrie

1 comment:

TeacherApril said...

Glad to see you're still alive! I love the "spinny door". When Joe installs yours I'm coming over for a whirl!!!

I have tried to load some more videos but blogger locks up every time! What's the secret??