Monday, July 7, 2008

lucky 7/7 monday

We had a very welcomed, uneventful 4th of July--with the exception of a short visit from Chris & Rosie en route to Lilburn from Bloomington, Indiana.

Chris (who has not aged 1 day, hmm, maybe it's all the beer?) is Joe's partner in crime from the early days. For those who know him or shall I say, know them together, uh, well, this is a FAMILY friendly site & we'll leave it at that. heeeheee.

I managed to snap 1 photo until my battery conveniently died. No one was looking of course & its not in focus, sorry.

From Left to Right: Stella (dog), Patrick (16 months), Chris, Rosie, Lily (5 in Sept), Joe, Jay & Ellie. And on the floor by Joe's feet is Roxy. The puppy we dog sat for over the weekend.

So we just basically hung out at the pool, I caught a movie with Carolyn (finally saw Sex & the City) & Joe headed up to the Ocoee for camping & paddling.

Sunday i was quite the ambitious crazy mom. I don't have any before or durings.....but i do have AFTER pics below. i just wasn't in a camera snapping mode this weekend i guess.

sunday events...
1st. priority..dunkin donuts. Once in a blue moon, I will order Ellie a munchkin.
me: "LARGE COFFE C/S & ONE,MUNCHKIN PLEASE"
order taker: ONE?
me: YES, ONLY 1.
they still give me like 6. so i gave them to max.

2nd. silver comet trail. I did not take MAX becuase i end up being a circus act. I got to use my stroller. i love it. mine is red--just like Brooke Shields. of course she is like a foot taller than me. and she is brooke shields.
Ellie sits on the top and peeps at Jay riding on the bottom. he giggles & rightly so. Most of the time she is flashing the passerbyers cause her tush is in the air peeping him. we def don't look as suave & fashionable as Brooke & her kids. LOL!

3rd. dip in the pool. yeah. there is no such thing as a dip in the pool with 2 kids. after pushing both of them for 2+ miles, wild horses couldn't have kept me from that pool. and on sunday mornings here in Georgia, everyone is in church. no one is at the pool, except us. love it.

4th. park. we met dawn, samantha & gavin at the park. i felt so bad about fattening max with those munchkins, dawn was kind enough to watch all 4 kids while max had a nice little run with his pals in the dog park. after that, we had a lovely little lunch--downwind and with a view of the dog park.

right about the time we were leaving a nice sized thunderstorm set in. our timings were working out so nice--it was odd, but hey, i'll take whatever works in my favor when i can get it!

WE ALL took a nice afternoon snooze........i swear, my favorite sunday afternoon thing to do is nap on the couch during a thunderstorm.

Finally, we went to an afternoon 4th of July BBQ. Busy day for the wrapping up of a 3 day weekend!!
Sorry, I didn't take any other pictures except of Ellie & Jay eating and playing with a spinwheel pinwheel.


have a good week.

1 comment:

Leslie Gilbreath said...

I took a double take on the stroller pic...I was thinking geez Carrie looks good for exercising I never get fixed up for exercising...to bad that isn't what we look like huh? What a cool stroller!