Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Passport Photos

I've put it off long enough. We have plane tickets in hand for paradise...but Jay has no passport. I was really waiting for him to sit up so i could snap the perfect picture. Ha!! You would think I'm still on all the drugs from last week, cause it ain't happening people!

I will never forget trying to get Ellie's---and in time for our trip to Mexico...(to the nudist colony for Carolyn, teeeheee).

I took her to the Kinko's on Paces Ferry in Vinings figuring it was the fancy place to go for infant passport pictures considering the area. It's high fla-lutent.

Christ, she cried. she wouldn't sit still. she'd just fall over. At one point she just started chewing on the background. There were 2 workers trying to snap just one, just one!!---not even a good one that would fit into the laundry list of governmental criteria of passport pictures.

In the end. I draped a sheet over the front of the couch, got Ellie in a good mood & took it myself.

So, this is what the government has on file for her until the 5 year expiration rolls around. She was so sweet and, BALD.

Luckily, you can still find the exact same step-by-step instructions on how to Photoshop a good Passport Picture.

Well, I attempted it. This morning at daycare, i snapped a few for Jay. He had just woken up. Even Photoshop isn't helping his cause.

He is also, so sweet and wow, not so bald!! I'll keep ya posted.


3 comments:

Melissa said...

Jay looks like he has a little baby comb-over in one of those pics!!

I, too, have to figure out the passport picture thing... and I'm under a time crunch too! ACK! I need your photo skills... as I don't know if I can get anyone to take a good pic of her that would be up to passport standards. We'll see, I guess.

carrie said...

crap. i was hoping no one else noticed the baby comb-over.

he is still the cutest & sweetest little man in my eyes.

and there are always hats.

TeacherApril said...

Hi Carrie,

I love reading your blog. Your kids are adorable! We should get together soon. I can't believe my summer vacation is almost half over! :( I just got 2 new kittens-they are fun--I just wish my other cat would get along better :)
I hope you guys are well!!!

April