Friday, June 20, 2008

Tree Hugger

Hello All.
If you've talked to me over the last few days, you'll know there has been some drama. I somehow managed to pull a muscle in my back (in my sleep no less) rendering me overall useless.....more so than usual at work too. haha. Anyway, Jane came to my rescue. driving up from Florida with a moments notice. she took the kiddos to school each day so i could rest & attempt working from home. Now all the drugs are wearing off and I just feel like I'm having the biggest hangover of my life.

Never a dull moment.

Luckily, Jay & Ellie didn't notice a difference except that they had a fun visit from their grandmother...Ellie got to eat a few more snacks than usual and totally milked staying up late.

Anywhoooo...thanks for all the comments on the pics! I know there are a lot to sort through. Honestly, I'm just way to lazy these days to cull them down or name them. Hopefully, you'll notice there are few diamonds in that ruff.

I always get questions as to who is who since Joe has so many sisters. He has 3. Not 6. So here is a little primer, family tree if you will.

Joe's oldest sister is Dawn, pictured below with Gavin who will be 1 year in July.




















Dawn is married to BJ, pictured with a shark. Nice catch!



















In addition to Gavin.... Dawn & BJ's first born is Samantha, aka. Sam. She is hands down Ellie's hero! I always get those fun butterflies in my stomach watching them giggle together--they are just so sweet and Ellie never laughs so much as when she is laughing with Sam.


Joe's middle sister is Ruth who is married to John T.
This romantic newlywed couple will be celebrating their 1 year anniversary at the end of the month. Mazel Tov!

















Last, but certainly not least is the youngest of the Gildea Gals, Karen. I've known her since she was 10 years old. Here she is with Ellie, who is sportin' the Elmo Undies, LOL.















Let's not forget Grandma Peggy. This is Mr. Gildea's mom. I've never met a feistier granny than mine.....with this spry lady being the exception, of course. No one makes a better margarita than Grandma Peggy, LOL.

Thanks for checking in on us!! Hope everyone is doing well, especially those out west in the flood. My heart goes out to you!

Take care,
Carrie

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thanks for the rundown- I can't believe how BIG Sam and Ellie (and Jay- even though I've never met him in person) have gotten! And I didn't know that Dawn had a second!

Looks like you had a great beach trip.

Sorry about the back- I know how much that sucks.

And as far as your recommendation to me about the coffee- I don't think that would work, b/c I have to take pain meds everyday- so I'm taking stuff that makes me sleepy AND dealing with a cranky 1 year old! AGH!!!